If you know me well, I hardly ever have shoes on. I just don’t like wearing shoes!
Come to find out there is a huge benefit to this! Think for thousands of years humans went barefoot, their feet standing right on the earth. We don’t get much of this bare feet Earth time anymore, everyone is so busy.
Think about a time when you walked barefoot on the beach, or spend time walking through your backyard with your bare feet. How refreshed you felt!
There is a scientific reason behind all of this! Positive electrons (free radicals) can get build up in our bodies causing inflammation and leading to disease.
The earth has a way of pulling the positive electrons out of our bodies, neutralizing the damaging free radicals. Our bodies are very electrical. Have you ever had an EKG done? They are testing the electrical current running through your heart. Electrical brain waves can also be measured. There are scientific devices that are able to measure your biofield or the electromagnetic field that surrounds the body.
Connecting your bare skin to the ground is known as Earthing or Grounding. Any connection you have to the ground with your bare skin counts. The earth’s electricity can even be conducted through concrete that is on top of the ground. Even walking outside for a few minutes barefoot can help but the longer time you are exposed to the earth the more benefit you will receive.
Let’s look at the Top 5 Benefits of Earthing.
- Your Immune System depends on a fresh supply of electrons. These electrons have strong one of the strongest antioxidant effects we have yet to find. This is essential to keeping your body clean and healthy.
- Synchronized Biorhythms, including cardiac rhythms and balancing sleep states. This is good for both your heart balancing back into rhythm and dealing with insomnia.
- Lowering stress! When we Earth, we are lowering our cortisol levels. Cortisol is the stress hormone that causes aging and abdominal fat.
- Minimize “Dirty Electricity” We are bombarded with wifi signals, smartphone, laptop signals all day long. Earthing helps the body deal with all this electric pollution that has damaging effects on our systems. I have a more in detail article on this topic if it is an interest to you. How wifi and cell phone radiation is harmful.
- More Energy! When we lower our stress hormone, sleep better and reduce our inflammation it allows the body to take that freed-up energy and use it towards healing your body and repairing the damage. There are many testimonies of people having more energy from Earthing.
So how do we Earth? If you want to get these benefits on the cheap, your going to have to spend some time outside barefoot. Prepare a picnic at the park, walk down a trail or just around your backyard. Pull up a chair around a camp fire and place your bare feet on the earth.
If you live in a northern climate or your just really busy and still want the benefits of grounding or Earthing there is another way.
Many professional athletes sleep in an Earthing Bag, or on an Earthing Mat. This allows you to ground the entire time your sleeping. A wire connects to the bag and plugs into an outlet that is grounded. The outlet must have a ground plug that is grounded correctly. There are grounding kits that sell a meter to check whether your plug is properly grounded. You can also get an Earthing Mat and place it under your feet if you sit at a desk for any length of time.
These are great alternatives to spending barefoot time outdoors, allowing you to benefit from the electrons in the Earth without spending tons of time outside. There are also a variety of products for every budget so check them out.
Your Free Guide about Leaky Gut
Thanks! Check your email for your Free Guide!
Also published on Medium.